Thursday 27 October 2011

The Welcome Beginning of a Lord and Lady

What a hoot! To actually own 'bare' woodland - albiet a small plot in the Highlands of Scotland and in turn help preserve a beautiful piece of heritage for all eternity, has given us much to talk about within the family.

Our forebears must have forgotten that "passing in on" is good for the soul, pffft I say - so my Lord and I are still in gainful employment, slaving away and ekeing a living from the fortunes of others. So what you say? Did I find an elusive inheritance waiting for me to discover it? Alas me laddies and lassies I did not. Hence I had to resort to a little web searching in regards to my family heritage.


Glencoe Wood

Plot Information

Luckily for me, whilst pondering my missed-fortune, Highland Titles was featured on one of our local televisions stations, which  gave me further information to take it upon myself and enrich our lives becoming Diane and Stephen -  Lady & Lord of Glencoe, Scotland. I also bought some plots for my two sons, daughter and grandson :))

After lodging my application for a little plot of land - heehee - a large envelope arrived. Secreting it away for my personal perusal at a later time - or when the family wasn't watching to ask what ya got there Mum - I was filled with abnormal glee. Can't see anyone beating my gift again this year. Probably never happen anyway as family both sides and children have a latent problem remembering important dates. Woohoo - I'm a Lady - no rude remarks warranted here :))

Glencoe Wood offered me an opportunity to purchase a pieve of Scotland and in turn help in the care and heritage It also gave us the right to call ourselves Lord and Lady Hallam of Glencoe. Knowing that when I purchased this land for my family I was making a heartfelt contribution for the environment. The woodland is owned by hundreds of different people which in turn ensures that at no time can any developer acquire it nor cause detriment of the area. I purchased one tree to begin with, to help reforest the land and help in a process I haven't heard of before but will copy down -  carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere by the process of carbon sequestration. 

More importantly, I read about the woodland being home to many species of Scottish flora and fauna, and that it can be enjoyed by people as an area of peace, quiet, and tranquillity. What a wonderful way of demonstrating my committment to this amazing turn of events.
Check out http://www.lairdoflochaber.com/

T'was our wedding anniversary number 34 looming, (or our age creeping up to bite us on the proverbial) that I first gave my Lord Steve, the gift of 100 sq ft of Scotland :) Always an enterprising woman, with gifts that would be hard to beat (family wise and more of then at a later date), I gave my Lord a wrapped gift full of Glencoe Highland gifts and a title to boot - welcome Lord Stephen :) He looked at me with awe ( or in Australia that would be called - what the?) and laughed his head off! Too rude I quoted, to which he stated to me what do I do with this? Watch the littlest DVD on record on my 'puta I said. He loved the idea once he got used to it and I let him know that I also purchased a tree to be planted in our name for all eternity (or for however long someone b****r doesn't cut it down) in the naked land of Glencoe.

My Lord stated, what about you love, to which I replied - of course I am your Lady, as always.

Click on this link for more information :)  http://www.lochaberhighlandestates.com/

Well, now off my "throne" I must adieu to all, as my stomach requires sustenance and I must away to lubricate the cogs as I do like my cuppa tea - so I must be off this wonderous contraption called my 'puta' and get on with the rest of the days work.

For your interest check out - http://www.highlandtitles.com/, http://www.lairdoflochaber.com/  or http://www.lochaberhighlandestates.com/, I am sure you will have lots to peruse and chat about.

Once you become a Lord, Lady or Laird - join us on Facebook - its a closed group and only open to Lairds, Lords and Ladies of Glencoe, Lochaber. Just click on the join icon and you will be notified of your welcome.

I got onto  http://www.highlandtitles.com/, and had a wonderful read on why Highland Titles first set itself up on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment