Sunday 8 July 2012

What Does One Say ??

I had a friend ask me yesterday about my 'Title", to which I asked what would you like to know? She then asked 'Well, how did you became a Lady?'
Of course I stated - I've always been a Lady as this was found out at my birth !!
You know there's a couple of differences when a child is born - it's a BOY or it's a GIRL !! That's the way announcements go. Well, she spat a little of her coffee, not LadyLike I'm afraid, and belted out a belly laugh, another not so LadyLike thing to do. After her little splutter and cough we chatted about the title. I told her about my mother in law being born in the Highland Barracks as her father was one of the Queens Guards throughout the 1930's. My friend was so impressed, after I told her the title was placed upon my grandfather-in-law. After ummming and ooooing, I couldn't keep from smiling myself. The story about Grandad is very true, alas the Ladyship and Lordship he passed along was not.
   I thought I would add a recent portrait of myself here :))
 
i CAME CLEAN HERE.I showed her my papers, and explained how I inherited a title upon purchasing a plot of land in Scotland, thereby becoming a Scottish Landowner. With our plots of land, we are able to plants trees helping our 'scottish roots' take hold in a grand way. What other way can we help our future 'children' if we do not look after our Earth, and restore the highlands to their former glory?
Terribly impressed, she asked when we visited our land last. I was able to show her photos on the internet - thank you Lords and Ladies of Glencoe. My pictures included my pets, and forbears, and the remnants of our castle :)
 
My Pet - 'Coe'  


A portrait done of my highland cattle

I have added some 'family' portraits here so you can see what glorious lineage I come from.
Jane's possible portrait
Our highland cattle has eaten everything but a few sods of earth. We purchase a special tree every year, to be placed on the highlands, and each time it's in one of our families names. Quite some time ago, both my Lordship and myself FOUND WE do come from titled persons, alas they did not pass them down to us the right way as there was problems in the past. Lord Stephens great Uncle Harold's Grandmother 'Jane' was a titled Lady herself. Though she was never known as such. Back in the years gone by, when a child was born early - now known as premature - that child was deemed to be born on the wrong side of the blanket - and possibly illegitimate and not the child of the supposed sire. I believe after the death of the original Lord, the first born son and the second and only other child born entered into a family dispute. This dispute ended up with all entailed being taken by the Chancellory, and the titles died with the parent.
 
As you can see - this castle is in good repair

Alas this castle is not - not even anywhere near me :))

Lord Stephen of Glencoe my Lordship
Not the reason for becoming Lord and Lady H though. I found a website by chance after looking up or what I call trying to find the Scottish roots of Steve and myself. I thought what a great wedding anniversary presie for His Lordship !! Always one for unusual or presents that one would not necessarily buy for oneself person, I deemed this to be perfect and went on to purchase same for myself - another little story there - joint anniversary presies - and one plot for Lord Nathan, Lord Brendan, Lady Kobe and little Laird Jordan :))) Usually I send Lord Steve up in the air in a Helicopter Lesson, or a Portrait (cartoon like) of him sitting on his motorbike, with one of our Schnauzer pups behind him, sword in hand and a cheesy grin, and the latest - a trip and luxury stay (c/-coupon buying - the canny Scot in me)  to the Great Ocean Road.
Me as a wee Lass
 
 
So Ladies, Lords and Lairds of Glencoe - What do you tell the people who ask you ?? I would love to see your written responses - so go ahead and add them here for all to see. It's actually a GREAT story to be told to all.
 
Many smiles - Lady Di
 

No comments:

Post a Comment