Wednesday 7 December 2011

Wonderful weather for Aussie New South Wales Glencoeans

Well, its almost Christimas time here at the top end of the world . (Not my fault if you live the wrong way up) The sun is shining and the promise of summer is longingly awaited by most Aussies. Not me, I'm afraid. I like the cool. It's easier to put a jumper or sloppyjoe (sweater, cardigan etc) on but harder to take your skin off cause you are overheated. I have always wondered what a white Christmas would be like. Watching all the lights and trees being raised and decorated in the snow brings all the songs of Christmas to my ears. I hum then sing along to the carols, okay in a choir - maybe not so great by myself in a crowd . LOL. What a hoot.
Now our Christmas Caroling could be in trouble this year - because ..........


Its been raining in NSW - a LOT! My gumboots are getting a workout and the clouds are getting theirs. A bit of thunder and a staggering amount of water - once again. The tanks are full and the only animal that enjoys this rain are ducks - most other animals and humans are inside a house, cabin, shed or tent or under a tree, in a hole and wherever the birds go to hide during wet weather.


Below is a wee pic if what the rain is doing to us at the moment. The wind accompanying it blew so hard that we experienced a leak :((( So not good. One's castle is supposed to be secure and safe to live in without using buckets to catch drops of that wet stuff. Alas tis the life of the Colonial Glencoeans, Our castles are not built like those of years gone by.




So I am off to watch a bit of television before I retire for the night.  I bid yea all adiou for the night of the 7th Decmber. Its summer here ROFL !!!!!


Lady Di




Check out Glencoe Highlands by visiting one of the websites regarding becoming a Lady, Laird or Lord of Glencoe = http://www.highlandtitles.com/ or  http://lochaberhighlandestates.com/.

2 comments:

  1. It has been very unseasonal recently... I hope it clears for your carols. Also a Lady based in Australia wondering when summer will start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady Peta-Marie.
    Our weather in Aussieland is certainly doing its best to act out as different seasons throughout the weeks thats for sure. Today its been sunny but coastlines from QLD to Victoria are predicting thunderstorms and lots of rain AGAIN lol..... just as well Aussies are patient people

    ReplyDelete